I recently had the opportunity to collaborate with Legrand*** on something that may seem a bit benign, but is actually something SO many of us want or need to do – upgrading our outlets and light switches! Their new Radiant collection is FAB-U-LOUS – why you ask? Because the faceplates have NO screws, so the switches and outlets blend seamlessly in with the walls and look extra elegant and high-end! Legrand also offers various color options, so they go with all types of decor. We chose white to match the color of our molding, and so they would blend in.
Hubby and I decided we were going to slowly switch out all the old switches and outlets in our home back when we remodeled our kitchen – many were loose, some are that horribly ugly cream color, and others just plain didn’t work at all. So, we started with the kitchen, and are working our way through the house from there. This time, we tackled the living/dining area!
BUT – a VERY important thing before I share the full transformation with you –
- If you are replacing outlets, I HIGHLY suggest hiring an electrician. Electricity is NO joke, you guys. So please, do your research and if you decide to upgrade your outlets, please do so with the utmost care! (Blog owner assumes no responsibility for any damage or injury that may occur from attempting to replace outlets in any way not in accordance with the law or local regulations).
But now that that’s out of the way, let’s get started!
So here’s the BEFORE:
Okay, I won’t bore you with more before shots, because really, all the outlets and switches look virtually the same – yucky.
But the AFTER is definitely something you’ll want to see, especially because we added small luxury features like USB ports and a dimmer for our dining room light!
So what do you think, friends? I just love the updated look these have, and install was fairly easy (and any issues we did have were due to our own wiring, not the switches themselves). Having the updated features like a dimmer and USB ports is super convenient, and will definitely add value to our home if we ever decide to sell it! I’m a big fan, and will definitely be back to purchase more switches/outlets to update the rest of our home in the future!
And for your convenience, here are the direct links to the products we used:
- 1 gang screwless wall plate
- 2 gang screwless wall plate
- Dual USB port/outlet combo (my personal favorite!)
- Tamper Resistant outlet receptacle
- Tru-Universal Dimmer switch
- Self Grounding single pole switch
Sometimes, little upgrades like replacing switches/outlets can add SO much to your home. For me, swapping these all out to more modern versions makes our home feel less 90’s builder grade, and more personalized and modern. I can’t wait to tackle the rest of the house!
Until next time –
***Legrand so generously offered me these switches/outlets at no cost in exchange for my honest review.