I’m so excited to be sharing an amazing Thanksgiving appetizer idea for you today as I partner with Mezzetta for their Mezzeta Makes It Betta! Campaign! And y’all, Mezzetta does just that!
You can instantly elevate a traditional plain hummus dish with Mezzetta products and a few veggies. It’s a perfect and colorful appetizer that your guests can enjoy on Turkey Day while the main feast is prepared. And I share this recipe with you well tested – I make it for almost every holiday party, every work potluck, and even just for Sunday chill days with my husband. Every single person who has tried this recipe has loved it, and I know you will, too!
Here’s What You Need:
- 18oz hummus
- 1 jar Mezzetta Basil Pesto
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jar Mezzetta Mild Banana Pepper RIngs
- 1 jar Mezzetta Pitted Greek Kalamata olives, diced
- 1 jar Mezzetta Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes
- 1 jar Mezzetta Garlic Stuffed Olives
- 1 jar Mezzetta Sweet Cherry Peppers
- Feta Cheese to taste
How to Prepare:
1. Spread Hummus followed by Mezzetta Basil Pesto onto a large platter. I used this beautiful copper plate for a Fall feel.
2. Add diced cucumber and red onion on top. Remember to peel and core your cucumber to get rid of the seeds!
3. Add 1/2 jar Mezzetta Mild Banana Pepper Rings.
4. Add a sprinkle of Mezzetta Sun-Ripened Dried Tomatoes.
5. Add 1/2 jar Mezzetta Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives, diced.
6. Top with Feta Cheese.
7. Add Mezzetta Garlic Stuffed Olives and Sweet Cherry Peppers for garnish. The Sweet Cherry Peppers in the center really added that special something to the dish for the holidays! The pop of red just finishes the dish off perfectly!
You can serve this dish with pita chips, traditional tortilla chips, or even fresh pita bread. Make your beautiful hummus dip the center of a small table or a buffet top, because yes! – it’s beautiful enough to be the showpiece (before the Turkey comes out of course)! Then add a pumpkin or two and some Fall florals and you’ve got yourself a gorgeous pre-Thanksgiving feast and some very happy guests! (And BONUS! It’s healthy, too!)
And it’s as easy as that! Mezzetta made this elevated hummus dip dish so easy to create, and I just know it will be a huge hit at your Thanksgiving celebration with those you hold most dear! Here’s to staying grateful and thankful for all our blessings this season.
Cheers my friend! And remember – #MezzettaMakesItBetta 🙂
**This post may contain affiliate or sponsor links. Please read my Privacy Disclosure for more information.**